Certified DreamSleep Providers
At Panneton Dental Group, our team has worked diligently to become certified within the DreamSleep network. We’ve gone through special, intensive training to offer the top sleep apnea solutions available. Our practice works alongside physicians to effectively treat sleep disorders and related medical conditions.
Discover how our DreamSleep providers can help tackle your sleep apnea and put an end to your restless nights.
As DreamSleep dentists, we’re able to work closely with your physician to provide the best treatment possible. We’ll create a customized plan that improves your sleep and your overall well-being. By choosing sleep apnea treatment at Panneton Dental Group, you’ll receive the following benefits supported by our DreamSleep certification:
- A screening appointment provided by Panneton Dental Group or your physician
- An at-home sleep test provided by our practice
- A referral to the appropriate provider based on your test results
- Secure and strong communication to ensure you get the care you need
Our DreamSleep Qualifications
With a DreamSleep Certification, our team members have been intensively trained in sleep medicine, oral appliance therapy, and collaboration with physicians for testing and diagnosis.
All DreamSleep providers are required to complete the following:
- Achieve accreditation in the fundamentals of dental sleep medicine and oral appliance therapy for sleep disorders and sleep-related breathing problems
- Refer patients that are at risk to qualified physicians for diagnosis and proper prescription treatment
- Use objective data when evaluating the effectiveness of oral appliance therapy as permitted
- Provide timely, appropriate, and follow-up care to manage dental-related side effects of oral appliance therapy
What Is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a serious health condition that causes your breathing to repeatedly stop due to an obstruction of the airway. These lapses of breathing occur during sleep and can last anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. Patients suffering from sleep apnea typically snore loudly or make choking and gasping sounds while sleeping.
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Look out for the following symptoms if you suspect you or a loved one may be suffering from sleep apnea:
- Loud snoring
- Abnormal daytime sleepiness
- Choking or gasping for air during sleep
- Morning headaches
- Daytime fatigue
- Restless sleep
- Memory difficulties
- Poor concentration
- Hyperactive behavior
If you’ve noticed any of these symptoms, we encourage you to seek treatment as soon as possible. Untreated sleep apnea can lead to future health complications such as heart attack, diabetes, and more. Schedule a consultation at Panneton Dental Group by calling (402) 934-5200 and one of our knowledgeable team members will be happy to assist you.
Our DreamSleep Treatment Solutions
At Panneton Dental Group, our DreamSleep dentists offer two options for sleep apnea treatment.
Oral Appliance Therapy
With oral appliance therapy (OAT), we’re able to provide patients with a custom dental appliance that’s portable, discreet, and comfortable. These small oral devices work by gently shifting your jaw forward to keep your tongue from collapsing and airway unobstructed. Oral appliance therapy can eliminate snoring and sleep apnea symptoms without sacrificing your comfort.
We may recommend surgery for more severe cases of sleep apnea. Common surgeries used to treat sleep apnea include nasal airway surgery, Palate and Pharyngeal surgery, and tongue reduction surgery. Surgery is only considered if your condition is severe and other treatment options haven’t proved effective.