Discover the Secret to a Dazzling Smile
Are you yearning for a smile that exudes confidence and radiance? Don’t let dental imperfections hold you back any longer! At Panneton Dental Group, we use natural-looking porcelain veneers for cosmetic dental enhancement. With our personalized treatment approach, we’ll address any dental flaws and create a smile that reflects your dreams.
Learn how our Omaha and La Vista, NE, cosmetic dentists can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Read our helpful, patient-friendly guide to learn all you need to know about porcelain veneers.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin, translucent ceramic shells that are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth, providing an unparalleled aesthetic transformation. Each veneer is custom-crafted to match your desired shade and shape, resulting in a picture-perfect smile.
Veneers are an excellent cosmetic solution for addressing various minor imperfections and enhancing your smile. With their durability, they can last for many years. However, it’s important to note that porcelain veneers, like most dental restorations, are not permanent and may require replacement in the future.
When Are Porcelain Veneers Necessary?
At Panneton Dental Group, we can use porcelain veneers to fix the following dental issues:
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Discolored, stained, or yellowed teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth that are too small or large
- Worn-down teeth
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are often a patient favorite as they provide unique benefits, including:
- Completed in as little as two appointments
- Personalized to your smile
- Fast, simple, and non-invasive procedure
- Can last up to 15 years with proper care
- Stain-resistant and low maintenance
Our Veneers Treatment Process
To achieve your flawless new smile, you’ll visit our Omaha or La Vista dental practice to receive your customized porcelain veneers. Your treatment will consist of two separate appointments and several easy steps:
Your Initial Consultation
During your initial consultation, we’ll explain the dental veneer process to ensure you play an active role on your journey to a new smile. We’ll gently buff your teeth and remove a small amount of enamel to ensure your dental veneers fit perfectly. One of our exceptional dentists will take detailed impressions of your teeth and send them to the laboratory to create your veneers.
Placing Your Veneers
Once your custom veneers are prepared, which typically takes one to two weeks, you will return to our dental office. During this visit, your dentist will bond the meticulously crafted veneers to your teeth using a dental resin that’s activated by a special light.
To ensure optimal results, your dentist will carefully examine the appearance, fit, and feel of the veneers before finalizing the bonding process. Once everything is in place, you will be ready to showcase your impeccable smile and start exuding confidence and radiance.
Caring for Your Veneers
With proper care and maintenance, porcelain veneers can provide you with a stunning smile for up to 15 years or more. Fortunately, taking care of your cosmetic restorations is simple and similar to caring for your natural teeth. Follow these guidelines to keep your veneers in excellent condition:
- Brush Twice Daily: Use a non-abrasive toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently brush your teeth at least twice a day. This helps remove plaque and maintain oral hygiene.
- Floss Daily: Regular flossing is essential for removing plaque and food particles between your teeth and along the gumline. Be gentle to avoid dislodging or damaging your veneers.
- Rinse with Antibacterial Mouthwash: Incorporate an antibacterial mouthwash into your daily routine to help kill bacteria and maintain a healthy oral environment.
- Avoid Staining Foods and Beverages: Certain foods and beverages, like red wine, berries, tea, and coffee, can stain your teeth and potentially your veneers. Minimize your consumption of these substances to preserve the appearance of your veneers.
- Be Mindful of Hard Foods: Refrain from biting down on hard foods, as they can potentially damage or compromise the integrity of your veneers. Avoid chewing on nuts, ice, or hard candy.
- Schedule Regular Dental Checkups: Visit our practice for routine dental checkups at least twice a year or as recommended by your dentist. During these visits, we will clean your teeth thoroughly, examine the condition of your veneers, and address any oral issues promptly.
Frequently Asked Questions
The porcelain veneer process isn’t painful since we’re attaching the veneers to your teeth. The process is minimally invasive and completely non-surgical. Your dentist will also numb the area with a local anesthetic before the procedure. They’ll gently remove the necessary amount of enamel to make space for your veneers before placing the veneers and hardening them with a special light.
Porcelain veneers and dental crowns serve different purposes. Veneers are primarily used for cosmetic enhancements, covering the front surface of the tooth, while dental crowns encase the entire tooth, providing both cosmetic and functional restoration. Consult with your dentist about the proper restoration method for your unique case.
To ensure your smile looks natural, avoid eating and drinking these:
- Coffee and tea
- Fruit juices and soda
- Red wine
- Tomato-based sauces
While most insurance companies don’t cover cosmetic treatments such as porcelain veneers, your plan may cover a portion of the cost. We encourage you to speak with your insurance provider to learn more about your coverage plan and the benefits they offer. You should also ask your dentist if they have in-house financing plans available to help pay for your treatment.