Custom Restorations at Panneton Dental Group
At Panneton Dental Group, we want all of our patients to achieve their best smiles. If you’re suffering from missing teeth, our team of Omaha and La Vista dentists offer custom dental bridges to restore your smile and oral health. You don’t have to settle with an incomplete smile. Learn all about dental bridges and how they can get your oral health back on track by reading below.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are specially designed pontics (false teeth) that are held in place by the adjacent teeth on either side of the gap. This fixed, non-removable dental appliance will bridge the gap between your missing teeth, creating a full smile you’ll love. Our bridge restorations will restore your bite and help maintain the natural shape of your face. Bridges are known to be more stable than dentures and don’t require an invasive procedure like dental implants.
Dental Bridge Benefits
In addition to completing your smile and improving your oral health, dental bridges also boost your self-confidence. Some of the other favored benefits of dental bridges include:
- Can last up to 15 years with proper care
- Minimally invasive placement
- Completed in just two appointments
- Restores your eating and speaking ability
- Prevents the surrounding teeth from shifting out of place
- Prevents jawbone deterioration
- Decreases wear and tear of your surrounding teeth
The Dental Bridge Process
In just two appointments at our Omaha or La Vista dental offices, you can achieve an improved smile with dental bridges. At your initial appointment, one of our talented dentists will prepare your anchor teeth by gently removing a small portion of the enamel. We’ll also take highly accurate impressions of your teeth so we can create your custom dental bridge.
After about two weeks, your restoration will be ready. You’ll return to our office where one of our dentists will check the fit and appearance before fixing the bridge into place. Once it’s secured, you’ll leave our office with a beautifully restored smile.
Are You a Candidate?
Many patients qualify for a custom dental bridge restoration. You’re an ideal candidate if you:
- Suffer from one or more missing teeth
- Are in good overall health (no severe health conditions, infections, or other major problems)
- Have healthy teeth and strong enough bone structure to support the restoration
- Maintain good oral hygiene habits
Frequently Asked Questions
No, dental bridges aren’t a permanent restoration, but they can last up to 15 years with proper care. The best way to increase the longevity of your dental bridge is by maintaining a pristine oral hygiene routine and visiting our Omaha or La Vista dental offices once every six months.
Here are a few tips you can follow to help increase the lifespan of your dental bridge:
- Use a fluoride toothpaste and rinse
- Avoid chewy or hard foods that may place stress on your restoration
- Refrain from consuming starchy or sugary foods that can cause tooth decay
- Remember to floss between your teeth and gums
The cost of dental bridges will vary depending on the patient’s individual needs. While insurance typically covers a portion of the treatment expenses, we recommend contacting your provider to get specific details on your coverage. For your convenience, our dental office also offers financing options.
For a more accurate estimate on your dental bridge restoration, schedule an appointment with one of our talented Panneton Dental Group dentists. Simply call our Omaha office at (402) 934-5200 or our La Vista office at (402) 537-4620.