Panneton Dental Group — Your Trusted Partner in Dental Emergencies
Emergencies are unpredictable, and when it comes to dental issues, swift action is paramount. Immediate care can make all the difference in preserving your oral health and preventing further complications. In Omaha, NE, the go-to dentist for emergency dental care is Dr. Mark Panneton of Panneton Dental Group.
With over two decades of experience, Dr. Panneton has not only been the primary dental care provider for the renowned Lancers hockey team but has also earned recognition as the most qualified emergency care dentist in Omaha and its surrounding areas.
If you’re experiencing a dental emergency, contact our dental office as soon as possible by calling (402) 934-5200.
The Importance of Emergency Dental Care
Dental emergencies can stem from a range of unexpected situations, such as accidents, sports injuries, a broken tooth, or sudden and severe pain. When you fail to address these issues promptly it can lead to long-term complications, including infections and even broader health concerns. It’s crucial to understand that when a dental emergency strikes, seeking immediate care is not only about relieving pain but also about preserving the overall health of your oral cavity.
Dr. Panneton: Your Go-To Dentist in Emergency Dental Care
Dr. Panneton stands as a paragon of expertise in the realm of emergency dental care. His illustrious career is a testament to his commitment to the well-being of his patients. Over the years, our Omaha emergency dentist has accumulated extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in managing a diverse array of dental emergencies.
This expertise extends to his role as the primary dental care provider for the esteemed Lancers hockey team, showcasing his ability to handle many dental emergencies and high-stakes situations with precision and care.
Emergency Dental Services Offered at Panneton Dental Group
At Panneton Dental Group, Dr. Panneton and his team are equipped to handle a comprehensive array of dental emergencies. From knocked-out teeth to severe toothaches, they possess the skills and resources to address critical cases with precision and care. Our state-of-the-art facility in Omaha is tailored to provide immediate solutions, ensuring that patients receive the attention they need without delay.
Our emergency dental services include:
- Emergency Examinations: Thorough evaluation and diagnosis of the dental emergency to determine the best course of action.
- Tooth Extractions: When a severely damaged or infected tooth poses a risk to surrounding teeth, extraction may be necessary.
- Root Canal Therapy: For cases of severe tooth decay or infection, root canal treatment can save the tooth from extraction.
- Dental Restorations: Swift repair or replacement of damaged or lost fillings, crowns, or other restorations.
- Dental Implant Services: In cases where a tooth can’t be saved, we offer dental implants to restore functionality and aesthetics.
- Orthodontic Services: Emergency adjustments for orthodontic appliances to address immediate concerns.
- Treatment for Oral Infections: Prompt management of abscesses or other oral infections to prevent further complications.
- Pain Management: Immediate measures to alleviate severe dental pain and discomfort.
- Stabilization of Loose Teeth: Precise care to secure partially dislodged teeth and prevent further movement.
- Repair of Soft Tissue Injuries: Swift treatment for injuries to the gums, tongue, or cheeks to promote proper healing.
- Management of Object Removal: Expert removal of foreign objects lodged between teeth to prevent further discomfort or damage.
- Emergency Prosthodontics: Swift replacement or repair of dentures or other prosthetic devices in cases of damage or loss.
Call our Omaha dental office at (402) 934-5200 if you’re in need of any of the services mentioned above.
Same-Day Visits for Critical Cases
Dr. Panneton understands that in dental emergencies, time is of the essence for quick relief. That’s why he prioritizes same-day visits for critical cases. Whether you find yourself facing a sudden injury or enduring severe oral discomfort, prompt dental treatment can be the linchpin in determining the outcome. By providing same-day appointments for expediting care, Dr. Panneton aims to alleviate pain, restore functionality, and ultimately safeguard your oral health.
Common Dental Emergencies
In the realm of dental emergencies, knowing what constitutes an urgent situation is crucial. Here are some common scenarios that require immediate attention:
- Knocked-Out Teeth: When a tooth is completely dislodged from its socket due to trauma or injury, swift action is necessary to increase the chances of successful reattachment.
- Broken or Fractured Teeth: Whether from a sports-related impact or an unexpected fall, fractured teeth can cause immense pain and further complications if left untreated.
- Severe Toothaches: Intense, persistent tooth pain can be a sign of an underlying issue, such as an abscess or severe decay, necessitating immediate evaluation and treatment.
- Lost Dental Filling or Crown: When a filling or crown comes loose or falls out, the affected tooth becomes vulnerable to further damage or infection and requires prompt attention.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Injuries to the gums, tongue, or cheeks due to accidental biting, falls, or trauma need immediate care to control bleeding and prevent potential infection.
- Abscessed Teeth: An abscess is a painful infection at the root of a tooth or in the space between the teeth and gums. It can lead to serious complications if not addressed promptly.
- Partially Dislodged or Loose Teeth: If a tooth has been partially pushed out of position due to trauma, it’s crucial to seek immediate care to prevent further damage and facilitate proper repositioning.
- Objects Lodged Between Teeth: Foreign objects stuck between teeth can cause discomfort and potential damage to surrounding tissues. Prompt removal is essential to prevent further complications.
Seeking immediate care in these situations can significantly impact the outcome and preserve the overall health of your oral cavity. If you’re experiencing other dental emergencies but aren’t sure if it’s an emergency, call our Omaha office to speak with our dental staff.
Recognizing the Signs of a Dental Emergency
While dental emergencies can vary, several key signs indicate you may be experiencing a situation requiring immediate attention. It’s crucial to be aware of these signs so that you can seek prompt care when needed.
Here are some common indicators of a dental emergency:
- Severe or Persistent Pain: Intense, unrelenting pain in the teeth or gums can be a sign of a serious underlying issue, such as an abscess or severe infection.
- Bleeding Gums: Profuse or prolonged bleeding from the gums, especially if it isn’t related to a recent dental procedure, may indicate a more serious problem.
- Swelling of the Face or Jaw: Significant swelling around the face, jaw, or neck can be a sign of an infection or injury that requires immediate attention.
- Loose or Dislodged Teeth: If a tooth has become partially dislodged or feels loose due to trauma, it’s crucial to seek immediate care to prevent further damage.
- Knocked-Out Tooth: When a tooth is completely knocked out, time is of the essence. Immediate action can increase the chances of successful reattachment.
- Broken or Fractured Teeth: Teeth that are chipped, cracked, or fractured due to an accident or injury require prompt evaluation and treatment.
- Persistent Bad Breath or Unpleasant Taste: This may be indicative of an underlying infection or oral health issue that requires immediate attention.
- Signs of Abscess or Pus: Swelling, redness, and the presence of pus around a tooth or in the gums can be a sign of an abscess, which requires immediate treatment.
- Difficulty Swallowing or Breathing: In severe cases, dental issues can impact your ability to swallow or breathe properly. This is a clear indication of a dental emergency.
- Objects Stuck Between Teeth: If you can’t remove an object lodged between your teeth using gentle methods, it’s vital to seek professional help.
- Sudden Sensitivity to Hot or Cold: A sudden, intense sensitivity to temperature changes in your mouth may indicate an underlying issue that requires immediate attention.
Recognizing these signs of a dental emergency empowers you to take swift action and seek the necessary care. If you experience any of these symptoms, don’t hesitate to contact Panneton Dental Group for immediate assistance.
While Dr. Panneton excels in providing emergency dental care, he also emphasizes the importance of prevention. Simple measures include:
- Wearing mouthguards during sports activities
- Maintaining a great oral hygiene routine
- Attend regular cleanings and check-ups at Panneton Dental Group
- Avoid chewing on hard objects
- Be mindful of your diet
- Address teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
Frequently Asked Questions
Dental emergencies can encompass a range of situations, including severe pain, injuries to the mouth, and damage to teeth or restorations. If you’re uncertain, it’s best to be on the side of caution and contact your general dentist’s office for guidance.
Over-the-counter pain relievers can provide temporary relief. However, avoid placing aspirin directly on the gums, as it may irritate them. Rinsing with warm salt water and applying a cold compress to the affected area can also help alleviate pain and reduce swelling.
If you’re away from home and experience a dental emergency, seek immediate care from a local dentist near you or visit the nearest emergency room. They can provide initial treatment until you can see your regular dentist.
Yes! Most dental insurance plans cover emergency visits. Your dental clinic can assist you in determining your coverage and handling any necessary paperwork.